User login

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
6 + 1 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

What to do if you’re worried

If you are worried about a child or need advice and support for coping with anything affecting your child's emotional or mental health, there are different ways to seek help.

If your child is struggling, your GP will be able to offer help and advice.

If your child doesn’t want to talk to you or the GP, suggest it might be helpful to talk things through with people they trust such as a friend, teacher or school nurse.

Here are some useful websites:

  • YoungMinds is a national charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of young people
  • NHS Choices has information about mental health for young people, parents and carers
  • offers free, confidential online counselling support for children and young people in Hertfordshire aged 10-25
  • My CAMHS Choices has information and short films on mental health services 
  • Childline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
  • BEAT eating disorders charity offers a helpline for young people and adults
  • MindEd for Families resources and hints and tips on child and adolescent emotional and mental health