User login

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
2 + 6 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.


What help is there?

Early help

If you’re worried, any professional working with children and young people should know what to do. For example, if you approach a teacher for help, the teacher might deal with the problem with the help of a school counsellor or welfare worker.

You can visit your GP or go online for information about emotional and mental health. There’s lots of information for parents, carers and children and young people on the YoungMinds website.

What to do if you’re worried

If you are worried about a child or need advice and support for coping with anything affecting your child's emotional or mental health, there are different ways to seek help.

If your child is struggling, your GP will be able to offer help and advice.

If your child doesn’t want to talk to you or the GP, suggest it might be helpful to talk things through with people they trust such as a friend, teacher or school nurse.

Here are some useful websites:


Subscribe to RSS - anorexia