User login

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
5 + 15 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

What help is there?

Early help

If you’re worried, any professional working with children and young people should know what to do. For example, if you approach a teacher for help, the teacher might deal with the problem with the help of a school counsellor or welfare worker.

You can visit your GP or go online for information about emotional and mental health. There’s lots of information for parents, carers and children and young people on the YoungMinds website.

Children and young people aged 10-25 in Hertfordshire can get free, anonymous online counselling support at

Targeted and specialist help

If you are concerned about your child it is important that you seek help and get the support you need to help them.

You can visit your GP and they may refer your child to targeted services or a specialist team.

You can also speak to Hertfordshire’s children and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) mental health helpline on 0300 777 0707 from 8am-7pm or 01438 843322 from 5pm-8am.

Hertfordshire’s targeted CAMHS, Step 2, are provided by Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. There’s information about the types of services Step 2 provide here.

Hertfordshire’s specialist CAMHS are provided by Hertfordshire Partnership NHS University Foundation Trust (HPFT).

There’s information about the types of services CAMHS provide here.